Sunday, August 05, 2007

Wedding anniversary, a new car, and my summer job.

Welcome back on my blog, and thanks to all of you whom are reading it and giving me comments. I love reading your responses so if you have any, don't hesitate to write me something.

Well, first things first. Last Friday was our wedding anniversary, we have been married for 2 years now and are planning on many more anniversaries as well.... so please check this blog again next year around this time ;)... anyway, we went out for dinner at a place called Sanda-ya, a famous restaurant here in Kobe with some delicious beef and a wonderful (even though they should have cleaned the windows a bit more... but hey you can't have everything, right?) view over the Akashi Kaikyo bridge. Mayuko gave me some great tickets for a Hanshin Tigers match (finally!!! I have been a fan for over a year, and this will be the first time that I am will be seeing them), and I gave Mayuko a nice neckless.


Because my brother in law had bought himself a new car last week (a nice Nissan Elgrand Rider to be precise), he was so nice to give his old car to us. And we are, we really are, soooooooooooo happy with it. Because we now have our freedom to drive to places in the weekend, go shopping by car instead of by bus and her mothers car.... We can watch TV in the car while we are driving (I did yesterday... wow). So yeah the car is just great. It's a Toyota BB, has a lot of power, space and drives very easy (according to Mayuko, because poor me doesn't have a driver licence yet).



last but not least, last week I also started working at my new summer job. I am teaching some kids from age 4-7 in groups of 8 students English at a school 1.5 hour away from here... which is a bit far, but it's work isn't. I guess it's not to bad, and it's really good for me resume but I will keep doing my best to get a better job a.s.a.p. ... if things work out.

Have a nice hot (it's over 30 here) week.

3 comments:

MO said...

Congratulations on your anniversary and your car!

Do you have a license from home? If so, it shouldn't be too hard to obtain a Japanese one.

Anyway, say hi to your better half for me! ;)

Dutch Baka said...

No, I don't have a licence from home because I was too young, and without money lol.

So I have to get my licence here in Japan, which is giong to cost me a whole lot more than if I would get it back home...But that's alright.

I have to work on my Japanese first. So I guess I can get my licence within a year or two.

Zen said...

wow two years already congrats!