Monday, July 09, 2007

Speeches

Because this is my last week at the elementary schools, the schools are asking me to give a "Goodbye, thank you, I have enjoyed this school so much" speech in front of all the staff.

Of course I already knew that the school where I went today would ask me to give such a speech, but they also wanted me to give a speech in front of all the students.

So there I stood in front of about 500 students giving a "Goodbye, thank you, I have enjoyed this school so much" speech in Japanese. I guess it wasn't that bad because all the students said good morning, replied on my "how are you" with "I'm fine" and "I'm great", and some of the teachers complimented me after wards.

So, today I actually noticed that this (giving speeches like this) is one of the things that I have learned in the last year. I don't want to say that I am good at it, but I can say that I can do it.

No comments: