Wednesday, April 19, 2006

My love for "Dreams Come True"

My love for Japanese music, only goes to a couple of artists, such as Hikaru Utada, Boa, Spitz, and a couple more. But my Favorite Japanese Band all time is : "Dreams come True". Why I love them? Because I can cry on their music, but at the same time smile, even though I don't understand a thing about it.

The band was formed in 1988 by the bands lead singer is Miwa Yoshida, Nakamura Masato, the arranger, producer, bassist & overall mastermind, and Nishikawa Takahiro, keyboardist, manipulation and sound designer (who stepped out of the group in 2002).

Dreams Come True presents music which is a pleasure to the ear, the mind, and the soul. Never being content with one style, they compose songs with genre influences from Pop, R&B, Jazz, Funk, Disco, Soul, Rock, Hip Hop, Latin, and even Classical; Many styles, as varied as their own musical influences, provide their music with a rich base to form their own unique Dreams Come True style.

They have sold over 30 million albums and 15 million singles. Had 22 Top five singles, and reached 10 times the #1 posistion. And also their album hit the #1 album posistion 11 times. Dreams Come True albums have also been a staple of the Oricon charts, accumulating close to 18 years worth of time during the group's 17 year history. Their second album, Love Goes On..., spent over 4 years on the charts.

So I guess everyone is getting the point: THE JUST ARE THE BEST BAND IN JAPANESE HISTORY!

So here are some songs for you:









Because I think DTC is such a great band, I want to spend some more attention to them later on, so: TO BE CONTINUED

No comments: